12 Nov 2010

The Annual Exhibition of the ROYAL INSTITUTE OF OIL PAINTERS 2010 & Images 35 the Best of British Contemporary Illustration 2011

I haven’t posted anything on this blog for a long time, but I now have some good news to share.
Firstly, my last painting of Antarma (which I posted here in May, now finished and framed) was accepted for 123rd Annual Exhibition of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters held at the Mall Galleries, The Mall, London, SW1 between December 8 and December 19, 2010.  I am very happy about this, since my work was selected from over 700 entries and will appear alongside works by some of Britain’s leading artists.  The Royal Institute of Oil Painters was founded in 1882 and Walter Sickert and Auguste Rodin are amongst their past exhibitors.  The Private View of the Exhibition is between 2pm to 8pm December 7, 2010. Official opening is at 3.30 pm by Commendatore Antonio Carluccio OBE.  Hope to see you all there!


Secondly, I would like to let you know that one of my illustrations (the book cover for Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcia Marquez) was selected for Images 35 - the best of British Illustration 2011. Images is Britain's only jury-selected, annual illustration competition, judged by a highly regarded panel of industry experts and curated into a beautiful hardback book published by the Association of Illustrators. Images 35 will be available in all major bookshops in 2011 and distributed to over 4000 commissioners and curators of illustration.
Thanks all for reading and have a great weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment